Are you planning to take admission in First-Year Junior Colleges (FYJC) after Class 10 in Maharashtra? If yes, you are in the right place. The online admissions for FYJC have begun from May 27, 2019, onwards. The total number of colleges this year in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region is 849. The state education department is also going to release a matrix of the available seats soon. The delay is due to the addition of two new quotas this year, which are a 10% quota for economically weaker sections and 16% reservation for Marathas.
Seat matrix is important as it helps in deciding the college preferences which need to be filled in the second part of the admission form. The form will have to be filled once the results have been declared. With the implementation of the new quotas, 83 percent-93 percent of the colleges will be reserved.
There are 39 guidance centres in the region and the admission officials have asked students to not go to cyber cafes to fill in their forms instead they should stick with schools or guidance centres to complete the process. 2,82,000 booklets related to the admission and related processes have been distributed. Demonstration sessions to explain the process began on May 28, 2019, for state board authorities and a meeting of all principals of various other boards is likely to take place on June 4 in Mumbai.
There is an option to fill Form 1 of FYJC admissions 2019 that will ask for personal and other basic details which can be filled right now. After the board exam results are announced, candidates will be able to fill Form 2 of FYJC admissions that will require details such as course choice, college preferences and other subject related choices. FYJC 11th admissions are done on the basis of the merit of the candidates in class X examination.
FYJC Admissions 2019 Eligibility Criteria 2019:
Before, filling the application form, candidates need to make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria. The basic eligibility requirement for FYJC admissions is that candidates must have passed class 10th or its equivalent from a recognised board.
FYJC Admission 2019 Schedule and Time Table:
The filling of Part II online application form for FYJC (First Year Junior Colleges) will begin in the 2nd week of June 2019. The detailed schedule and timetable can be checked below.
|Commencement of FYJC Part II registration process||2nd Week of June 2019|
|FYJC Part II registrations last date||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Release of FYJC first merit list for bifocal courses||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Confirmation of admission and payment of fees||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Announcement of vacant seats||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Exercising options for the second round (bifocal courses)||4th Week of June 2019|
|FYJC second round seat allotment||4th Week of June 2019|
|FYJC second round admission closing date||4th Week of June 2019|
|FYJC online option entry for Arts, commerce and science courses||2nd Week-3rd Week of June 2019|
|Release of general merit list||4th Week of June 2019|
|Release of first merit list||1st Week of July 2019|
|Closing of FYJC admissions based on first merit list||2nd Week of July 2019|
|FYJC second merit list release date for Arts, Commerce and Science courses||3rd Week of July 2019|
CollegeDekho brings you an in-depth understanding and detailed insight of the online admission process involved in FYJC. In this article, candidates can find information regarding admission to FYJC in the following regions:
- FYJC 11th Online Admission Mumbai Region
- FYJC 11th Online Admission Nagpur Region
- FYJC 11th Online Admission Pune Region
- FYJC 11th Online Admission Nashik Region
Usually, many students plan to join Diploma courses after Class 10, while others choose science or commerce as their study field. Before understanding the online admission process of FYJC, it is necessary to have a clear idea of what FYJC is. As mentioned above, FYJC stands for First-Year Junior Colleges (FYJC), which is regarded as Class 11. FYJC is a term that is mostly used in Maharashtra. If you are enrolled in FYJC, it means that you are pursuing Class 11.
Check the detailed process of FYJC 11th Admissions here:
Candidates taking FYJC Online Admission Mumbai Region 2019-20 and FYJC Online Admission Pune Region 2019-20 will have a lot of advantages as they can get higher education-like experience after class 10 in some of the most developed cities in India. However, FYJC Online Admission Nashik Region and FYJC Online Admission Nagpur Region is also a good idea.
FYJC 11th General Admission Rules and Regulations: -
- If you are willing to join FYJC 11th, you must primarily check the number of streams available.
- As per the admission rules, students will have a chance to select only one stream.
- Even though many colleges offer admission to FYJC in different streams, some colleges reserve seats exclusively for students who score good marks and rank in the merit list.
- After filling the seats that were reserved for bright students, seats under various quotas are filled
- While selecting colleges, numerous options will be available to the students. However, students will be allowed to choose only 10 colleges. Therefore, think properly before taking any decision.
- If you wish to change the stream, you can do the same during the admission rounds.
- If you change the stream, your seat will be allocated to another student. Therefore, you can’t switch back then.
FYJC Instructions for Non-State Board Students:
- Students belonging to non-state boards like ICSE, NIOS, CBSE an IB who wish to take admission to state board junior colleges can start filling up ‘Part A’ of the first year junior college (FYJC) application forms.
- The CAP committee has instructed that the non-state board students will have to fill up their ‘best five’ scores in the admission forms.
- On the other hand, NIOS students will have to fill up marks as shown on their mark sheet. Students must note that those who have received the remark 'subject yet to be declared' on their mark sheet will not be eligible to fill the application form for FYJC.
- The subject group for ICSE students will be considered for admission to FYJC.
- For the International Board (IB) students, marks secured in all the subjects need to be calculated and converted out of 500. IB students will not be eligible for the 'best of five' formula.
Advantages of Online Admission Process: -
- Through the online admission process, students need not visit each and every college individually to submit the application form.
- The online admission process will save time
FYJC Online Admission Process 2019-20:-
- The FYJC online admission process for the academic session 2019-20 will begin in 2nd week of May 2019.
- The admission rounds are expected to be conducted soon.
- In the first round, students can select the college in their region. If they wish to change the college, they can do in the second round.
- The allocation of the seat will be based on the number of seats vacant in the respective college.
- If all the seats are allocated in the college, which student has opted, he/ she can choose another college.
Admission to Science, Commerce and Arts stream for class 11th is done online but there are few streams/junior colleges where admission is not done online. They are Technical Junior Colleges (TJC), Home Science, HSC Vocational (MCVC), in-house quota, minority quota, and management quota admissions are also done through the respective junior colleges, and even admission to the night junior colleges.
Documents Necessary for FYJC Online Admissions 2019
- Original School Leaving Certificate
- Original Class 10 Marks Sheet
- Caste Certificate (only for reserved categories)
FYJC Online Application Process: -
- Before beginning the online application process, it is advisable that the students obtain information booklet from their respective school by paying Rs. 150
- Read all the guidelines printed on the information booklet
- You can find ‘Login Id’ and ‘Password’ on the booklet
- Visit the official website of FYJC. You can find the link for the official website on the booklet
- Enter the ‘Login ID’ and ‘Password’
- Complete the ‘Part I’ registration where you will have to fill all the personal details
- After completing the Part I registration, proceed with Part II registration
- In Part II registration, choose the colleges (You are required to complete Part II registration only after the announcement of Class 10 results)
- Confirm your ‘Option Form’
- Your application process for FYJC concludes with the confirmation of application and confirmation of option form
Where to Apply for FYJC Admissions 2019:
- FYJC Mumbai Admissions - mumbai.11thadmission.net
- FYJC Pune Admissions - pune.11thadmission.net
- FYJC Nagpur Admissions - nagpur.11thadmission.net
- FYJC Amravati Admissions - amravati.11thadmission.net
- FYJC Nashik Admissions - nashik.11thadmission.net
- FYJC Aurangabad Admissions - aurangabad.11thadmission.net
CollegeDekho wishes Good Luck to all the aspirants. Stay tuned to our website for FYJC latest news and updates.