Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore or IIM Bangalore was established in 1973 by the government of India. IIM Bangalore is located at Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India. The college is accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). IIM Bangalore has been ranking 1 Business School in Central Asia region in 2018 for the tenth consecutive year in 2018 and has secured 2nd position by ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’ (NIRF) rankings in the list of top management colleges. The college was awarded 'Asia Pacific HRM Congress Awards 2017' for having an innovative HR Practices and has also won Rajbhasha Award for the year 2016-17. The college is in collaboration with the Global Advanced Network for Management (GNAM).IIMB runs a student exchange program which allows students to get exchanged with some of the top ranking universities like Asian Insititute of Management, Curtin University, University of South Carolina and many others.
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore offers degree programs in Management including Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM), Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM), one year full-time Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) and Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP). Selection will be done on the basis of Entrance test(CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ GATE/ IIMB Test) Score followed by Group Discussion. Further, the eligibility criteria will also include 55% scores in the Bachelor’s Degree. Work Experience will also be considered while considering for admissions. IIM B conducts its own entrance test which only a few numbers of students are able to qualify. Many Merit-cum-Need Scholarships are provided to students which will give financial help to the students.
The Placement cell of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore Worked well from the establishment of the college for providing students with placement opportunities which they deserve. About 402 students of PGP Program registered for the placement season of 2018 and 401 got placed while remaining one opted to self-paced. 10 students received Overseas offers. Average Domestic salary offered to the students was INR 22.76 LPA and Overseas was INR 58.20 LPA. 34 companies including Axis Bank, Rivigo, Syntel, Bajaj Auto, ICICI Bank, Accenture, Goodyear, Zensar, Microsoft, Mu-sigma visited the campus for recruiting students of Executive PGP program. The average salary offered to the students of PGPPM program was INR 18 LPA and the average salary offered to students of Executive PGP program was INR 23.47 LPA.
The campus of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is spread over an area of 100 acres in the city of Bangalore. The whole campus of IMI Bangalore is well constructed and equipped with modern technologies. The library of IIM Bangalore constitutes a collection of books and magazines including journals. The wifi enabled campus of IIM Bangalore is rich in many academic as well as sports activities. Latest Speakers and projectors installed in the classrooms and seminars make the campus of IIM updates to latest technologies and thus allow the students to learn visually. The hostel of IIM Bangalore consists of 10 blocks and one executive block providing a separate residential facility for girls as well as boys. The hostel is equipped with fully automatic washing machines, Twenty-four hour Internet connectivity and recreation room.
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Girls Hostel
- Medical Facilities
Interested in this college?
Awards and Rankings
- IIMB is accredited by EQUIS (Re-accredited for 5 years in 2016)
- IIMB is ranked as the ‘Best Management Institute’ in India, by the ‘India Ranking 2016’, collated by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource Development
- IIMB was ranked the Best Business School in Central Asia in 2016 by Eduniversal, Paris, for the eighth consecutive year
- IIMB is ranked 6th among the Asia-Pacific best B-Schools for employability by QS Global 250 Business Schools Report 2017
- IIMB’s Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) is rated among the Top 20 in the world on the Financial Times’ Master in Management Rankings for 2016
- IIMB’s Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) is ranked among the Top 50 by the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2017
- IIMB’s Executive Education Programmes (Customised) are ranked among Top 50 by the Financial Times Executive Education Rankings 2016
- IIMB’s Executive Education Programmes (Open) are ranked among Top 60 by the Financial Times Executive Education Rankings 2016
- IIMB is ranked among the Top 50 in the 2016 SCM World University 100 Ranking
- IIMB is awarded the Obama Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative award
Other Popular Management Colleges in Bangalore View All
Top 10 Management Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Contact No:+91-802699 3396
Address:Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076