Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
The following scholarships are available for the students. Students are directed to meet the class counsellor/ scholarship clerk in the office for more details on various scholarships. They are also advised to regularly read the notices regarding scholarships displayed on the Notice Boards.
- National merit-cum-means scholarships to students belonging to minority communities A minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination is required for applicants. (As the number of scholarships is limited, the selection of eligible candidates may be done on the basis of the marks scored by the applicants in their qualifying examination). This scholarship is available for UG, PG, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. Annual income limit: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- National Loan Scholarship for UG and PG students belonging to SC and ST. The applicants should have scored minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination. This scholarship is available only for students staying in reputed/approved hostels. Annual income limit: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Scholarship for the physically challenged (i.e., students who are deaf / hearing impaired, visually and, Orthopedically challenged). Annual Income limit: Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Residential and non-residential state scholarships for students belonging to SC, ST, and those converted from Hinduism to Christianity: They should be natives of Tamil Nadu or domiciled therein. Annual Income limit: Rs. 2,00,000/- for SC., ST., and Rs. 1,00,000/- for Christian converts.
- Pondicherry state Post-Metric scholarship for students who had their school education in the Union Territory of Pondicherry.
- Directorate of Tribal Affairs, Government of Manipur, gives Post-Metric scholarships for students from Manipur state.
- Administration of the Government of Union Territory of Lakshadweep, Kochi, gives scholarships for students from the Lakshadweep group of Islands.
- Directorate of Higher Education, Kohima, Nagaland, gives Post-Metric scholarships for students from Nagaland state.
- Students belonging to the family of farmer’s community are eligible for scholarships under Tamil Nadu Agricultural Labourers – Farmer’s Welfare Scheme, offered by the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Tamil Nadu.
- Scholarships for Physically challenged students who are natives of Tamil Nadu and whose parents’ income does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-.
- The Directorate of Collegiate Education, Tamil Nadu, gives scholarship (stipend) to full time Ph.D., scholars from all disciplines.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development gives scholarships to students with extraordinary academic achievements in the qualifying examinations (80% and above), through the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR), Government of India, gives scholarships to UG and PG students from Sri Lanka.
- Ministry of Labour, Government of India, gives scholarships to the children of Beedi / Mine / Cine workers from Tamil Nadu.
- Secondary Grade Teachers Children Scholarship is given to the Children of Secondary Grade Teachers working in Government Recognized Primary and Middle Schools for pursuing M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., M.Ed., ML, M.C.A., M.Phil courses in Tamilnadu. There is no income ceiling limit, but the students should have secured not less than 60% marks in the U.G. Courses. Selection is made on the merit basis.
- Scholarships for the first-generation students from backward classes. Annual income limit: Rs. 1,00,000/-. A certificate from the Tahsildar to the effect that there is no graduate in the family has to be produced.
- Muslim Educational Association of Southern India (MEASI), the parent body of The New College, awards scholarships to poor and deserving Muslim students pursuing unaided courses in the Day College and all UG and PG course in the Evening College.
Interested in this college?
Admission Open 2019
Top 10 Science Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of The New College, Chennai
Contact No:+91-44-2835 1269
Address:The New College, 87, Peter’s Road, Royapettah, Chennai – 600 014.