Nidhi Bahl Updated On: 17 May, 2019 15:24 IST
Need more details?
Want To Know Your Rank
NEET 2019 result will be declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA), which is also the conducting body of the exam. Organised on a national-level, NEET is a gateway for admission in medical and dental courses in private and government colleges across the country. By viewing the NEET results, candidates will get to know whether they have qualified/not qualified in the exam.
NEET is also mandatory for Indian candidates who wish to study medicine from foreign universities. Earlier this year, the Union health ministry approved a proposal by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to make it mandatory for medical aspirants in India to qualify in the NEET entrance exam to obtain an eligibility certificate (EC) for studying in medical colleges abroad.
There are some students who do not get admission in the medical or dental college of their choice despite qualifying in NEET, and there are some who want to study medicine abroad only. For such cases, there are some very Popular Foreign Medical Colleges where candidates can apply for admission after qualifying in the NEET 2018 entrance exam.
Check the List of NEET 2018 Toppers and get NEET Cutoff 2018 for Gen, OBC, ST, SC, PwD Categories here.
NEET UG 2019 Exam Date
5th May 2019
NEET-UG 2019 Result Announcement
5th June 2019
Visit the official NTA website to view NEET 2019 scores.
Click on the link available to access ‘NEET UG 2019 Result’.
After clicking on the link, enter the required credentials such as Roll Number and Date of Birth.
Click on 'Submit', and NEET Results 2019 will appear on your screen.
Check all the details mentioned in the NEET 2019 scorecard and take a print out of the same for further use.
Candidates who have appeared for NEET-UG must be completely aware of the process to calculate the NEET-UG score. Here are a few important pointers which might help the NEET applicants to calculate their score:
The percentile of the candidate can be calculated by using this simple formula- (number of people behind candidate/total number of candidates) x 100.
Each candidate is provided with their absolute marks scored in the entrance.
It is to be noted that the candidates are ranked according to the marks scored by them in the entrance.
NEET-UG tie-breaking criteria can be considered as an important aspect of determining the NEET-UG results. In most cases, it is found out that two candidates score the same percentile in the NEET entrance examination. In that case, there arrives a circumstance where the examination authority has to proceed with a tie-breaker. The tie-breaker for NEET-UG is implemented as follows -
Tie-Breaker 1: The candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the test will be ranked higher
Tie Breaker 2: Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the test are given an upper hand if the tie does not resolve after applying Tie-Breaker 1
Tie Breaker 3: Candidates who have attempted the less number of wrong answers in NEET-UG shall be given preference in the order of merit.
Tie Breaker 4: Candidates older in age will be given preference if the tie still persists after applying the above rules.
After the declaration of result, NEET 2019 merit list will be prepared by the exam authority on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the NEET-UG exam. NEET-UG merit list will have All India Ranks of the candidates. Apart from the merit list released for All India Quota counselling, a separate merit list for NEET-UG will be released state wise. The merit list of NEET 2019 will consist of the names and ranks of the candidates who successfully clear the entrance exam. Candidates must note that two different merit lists of NEET 2019 will be released by NTA. One merit list will be for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats and the other will be for 85% State quota seats.
The candidates appearing for the NEET-UG examination are often confused about how the NEET rank is determined on the basis of NEET score. NEET rank is determined on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination. Apart from this, there are certain other factors that determine the NEET rank. The factors are:
The difficulty level of the examination
Total number of candidates appearing in the examination
Exam Preparation level of the students
The candidates should know that to make it to the top 100 NEET UG ranks, they have to score 670-690 marks in the entrance. For more detailed updates on this topic, applicants can go through an article on NEET Marks vs Rank.
We can help you get enrolled in other premier colleges.Get Free Counselling