May 15, 2018
Jun 21, 2018
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018 - Application Steps
How to Apply for DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018
- In the “Login details”, a candidate shall provide the email-id, which would be used for any future communication with the University for admission purpose.
- The candidate shall then create a password (of maximum six characters) for online registration purpose. This password does not need to be same as candidate’s email account password, which is used to access one’s email account.
- The candidate shall also provide a valid mobile phone number (10 digit number without any prefix).
- Applicant's details (as given in candidate’s certificates) should also be furnished.
- On completion of this process, a verification email will be sent on candidate’s email account with a confirmation link, which a candidate shall have to click to confirm the registration. Please note that this email account is same as the one provided by the Candidate.
- The applicant shall now log on to the UG admission portal using “registered email-id” and created “password” to fill the online registration form. The same login information is used every time to log into the applicant’s account.
- The applicant can now see a preview of the Applicant’s personal detail as entered by the applicant.
- The Applicant can also update the uploaded files or else, shall save the profile.
- The applicant shall now start with the online filing of the registration form by clicking “Apply in New Course”.
- The applicant shall then choose the Undergraduate Course for which the applicant seeks to apply.
- The applicant shall choose the city where the applicant would like to appear for the entrance examination. An applicant has a choice to appear in the written examination in one of the cities.
- The applicant shall provide the details of educational qualification.
- The applicant shall click the “Save Application” and proceed to check the details filled in the form.
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018 Important Instructions
- Check that you have a bubble-sheet accompanying this booklet.
- Do not break the seal on this booklet until instructed to do so by the invigilator.
- Immediately on receipt of this booklet, fill in your Name, Signature, Roll number and Answer sheet number.
- This examination will be checked by a machine. Therefore, it is very important that you follow the instructions on the bubble-sheet.
- Fill in the required information in Boxes on the bubble-sheet. Do not write anything in Box 3 - the invigilator will sign in it.
- Make sure you do not have mobile, papers, books, etc., on your person. You can use non-programmable, non-alpha-numeric memory simple calculator. Anyone engaging in illegal practices will be immediately evicted and that person’s candidature will be canceled.
- You are not allowed to leave the examination hall during the first 30 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the examination time.
- When you finish the examination, hand in this booklet and the bubble sheet to the invigilator.
INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN ON THE ADMIT CARDS:-
- The Applicant is being allowed to appear in the Entrance Examination, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions and verification of applicant's documents after a declaration of result of the Entrance Examination. Merely qualifying the entrance examination does not guarantee admission of the applicant to the course. The admission of the applicant will be considered in accordance with the University rules.
- Along with the printed copy of this Admit card, please bring a valid ID proof (in original) and a passport size photograph.
- Please use only last five digits of the Roll number (as printed on the admit card) for your OMR sheet, e.g. for roll no. "164512345", the roll no. for the OMR sheet will be 12345.
- The applicant must bring Black/Blue Ball Point Pen for filling OMR Sheet. Use of Pencil, Pilot Pen, Fountain Pen is strictly prohibited.
- Electronic and Communication Devices like Cellular Phone/Pager etc. and Textual materials are strictly prohibited in the examination premises. No whitener/eraser/blade is allowed for changing answers. Eatable items and water bottles are not allowed inside examination premises.
- The candidates are advised to visit the University Website, for Department / College specific guidelines, if any.
DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science Application FAQ
1) I have registered online on the DU website, do I still need to fill up the offline form?
No, there’s no offline form.
2) In online portal, can two candidates apply from the same account?
No, only a single candidate can apply from an account for UG Admissions.
3) From where can I get information about admission?
You can get information about admission from the following sources:
- University website
- University Information Centre-
- Phone no. 011-27006900/155215
- You can visit help desk conducted by the office of Dean Student’s welfare in Room no: 5, 1st floor, Conference Center, opp. Botany department, North Campus.
- University conducts Open days before the admission process begins.
4) Can I fill online registration form even if I have compartment in class XII?
Yes, you can fill online registration form even if you have compartment in class XII. You will get admission only if you fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
5) Is it important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of candidate?
Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH, then you must have Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in the name of candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidates belong to non-creamy layer and caste is listed in the Central Government list.
6) My result is yet to be declared, Can I still submit online registration form?
Yes, you can submit the online registration form by darkening the appropriate circle of result awaited under result section, however you have to fulfill the minimum eligibility condition/meeting cut off list of that course/college during stipulated period.
7) Can I apply in multiple courses in an online form?
Yes, you can apply in multiple courses in one form.
8) I have provided incorrect information while filling up the online registration form and also paid the online registration fees. What shall I do?
After payment of the online registration fee, corrections, additions, deletions etc. in any manner shall not be allowed in the registration form. The candidates are, therefore, advised to fill their forms carefully. Incorrect form will be summarily rejected. However, an applicant can start afresh by online registering again using new registration id and password and applicant will need to submit online registration fee again.
9) Can an applicant for an Under-graduate Honours Course be considered for admission in the non-Honours Programme in the same College or not?
Applicants are required to apply for all programmes/courses in which he or she intends to apply for admission. His/her admission shall be considered w.r.t. the programmes/courses applied for. Applicants are therefore advised to fill up the Online Registration Form for all the programme/courses where the applicants wish to apply for admission.
List of DU Entrance Test-B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Science 2018 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Delhi||New Delhi||Pen & Paper|
|Karnataka||Bangalore||Pen & Paper|
|Maharashtra||Nagpur||Pen & Paper|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||Pen & Paper|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||Pen & Paper|
|Uttar Pradesh||Varanasi||Pen & Paper|